Sunday, December 7, 2008

16 years ago....

.... i was a 16 years old girl. In Italy 8th december is holiday, we celebrate Holy Mary ( the mother of Jesus i mean ). So on 6th december 1992 i've been invited to my girlfriend's place to spend two days with her. On 7th december it was a snowy day ( incredible for the Rome coast ) so my friend and her boyfriend took me to meet her boyfriend older brother who was working as a Dj in a radio station. From that moment on it's history, so to say. 16 years later, 4 children later, 3 houses, 3 cities, 2 different countries later, we're still together. Half of my life. Not always a piece of cake. Not always the icing on the cake, but still together. There must have been something in those snowflakes sent from above.
Yesterday at the karaoke night, my brother in law, that kid brother who took me meet his older bros, dedicated us 'Knocking on heaven's door', such a touching moment.
We were all kids, we grew together, we're graying together, we're nurturing the next generations.
The biggest gift i ever had.

Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge.

No comments: