Sunday, September 14, 2008

The end of the summer

Tomorrow my kids will be back in school. One third grader, two first grader and one pre-schooler.
I'm so sad. My dream is homeschooling them, but in italy it's basically unheard of and this would mean start a long war with the school system. I'd even be ready to 'fight' but most probably we'll move aboard in one year or so, and at that point, in order to learn the language and the culture of the new country my kids would be forced to be back in school right away .... But still my heart aches, i strongly believe homeschool is the best option to educate kids and the very idea to have them gone all mornings makes me sick. At least we still have the chance of 'normal schooling ' ( 8:00 - 13:00 4 four days\week and 8:00 - 16:00 one day\week) with still 2 classes doing this, but the tendecy here is for full-time schooling ( 8:00-16:00 everyday, with possibility of 7:00-18:00 ) and could never accept this. I want to be in charge of rising my kids, not the state.

No comments: